Saturday, September 22, 2012

Recycling Trifecta

Warning: 1. For some reason I felt compelled to relate in the blog/online diary some recent trivia. Feel free to delete now. My feelings won't be hurt.

2. The photo has been recreated to give me something to write about, thereby affirming, if only to me, that this event did indeed have some significance.

The story.

On a recent trip to Lavertys I saw the perfect item for a friend.  It was small. Kass is the most Zen person I know. Should she decide to keep the gift it won't take up too much space.

It was white.  The first hint of a possibly elegant item. Kass is the classiest, most elegant person I know. She can create the most beautiful spaces (it was from her that I first heard the words: closet art) and the most elegant outfits all from resale and markdown stores.

And, Kass' birthday was in a few days. While we don't usually exchange gifts, both of us already having more than we need, we do leave open that option if we see "just the right thing."

Now that all of the gift criteria have been met, how to get this perfect item to Kass?  In a fit of de-cluttering I had thrown all of my small cardboard boxes in the recycle bin.

But, never one to be without plastic containers, I found a perfectly good food container in the garage cupboard. Obviously, it was so perfect and so useful that it, and its twin, were in the garage, containing nothing.  Number one in the recycling trifecta.

Number two was the reuse of the festive pink packing material.

And number three was the use of one of my hundreds of sheets of scrapbooking paper. 

It was a good day in the world of moving things along.

Now that I've cataloged for posterity my little bit of creativity I think that I'll run along to this weekend's Cultural Arts Fest to see what professional creators are up to.


1 comment:

Karen Crisp said...

Delightful post, B! Love your recycle/reuse endeavor. Just beautiful!