Saturday, February 4, 2012

Create Daily - Final Projects

Day 21 - Be Messy!

The Create Daily class is now over and here are the final results. 

 It was a fun class!  Each morning I eagerly looked forward to reading Alisa's newest prompt.  Not only was the class fun but it extremely helpful because it taught me that I can create room in my life for whatever project I want to focus.  We all have stress and lack of time in our lives but this class taught me to expect more of myself and simply to get busy and do, whether that doing meant meditating, reading, creating art, writing travel stories, exercising, whatever.  When I expected more of myself I found that I wasn't as prone to waste time and instead focused my energies.  This is a perfect class to take at the beginning of a new year when we all make resolutions and need help keeping them. 

Day 22 - Raid Your Closet

Alisa suggested cutting up old clothes and looking to clothing for patterns, then incorporating the fabric and ideas in art projects.  Not having any old clothes that I was willing to cut up I instead raided my stash of fabric bought for scrapbooking and collage projects.  The smears on my paint rag reminded me of Africa so I developed that as my theme, searching Google Images for typical African patterns.

Day 23 - Go Big

Since I'm used to working small this prompt was difficult for me.  I went from using a 5x8 sketchbook to a 12x18 watercolor pad.  I didn't know how to fill such a large space so I started by splashing acrylic paint on the paper.  I then went back to the Channel Your Inner Picasso prompt and used some initial line squiggles to give me an idea for an image.  I finished with some black line doodles and watercolor washes to give definition to some of the larger shapes.

Day 24 - Look to Architecture

It was tough trying to capture such a complex image but the prompt was good training for 
future travel sketches.

Day 25 - Go Graffiti Style

Another fun prompt.  Once again I went to Google Images, this time to learn how to do
letters in graffiti style.

Day 26 - Hit up the Hardware Store 
(both for supplies and inspiration)

Day 27 - Use Dots

Day 28 - Think in Layers

I was getting behind on the prompts so I did the last two in one day.  The easiest way to create something quickly was to use previous prompts, such as doodling and layers, as my inspiration.

Day 29 - Find Your 'Go To' Place
No drawing required, simply think about the places that inspire you.  Since I work small, I can find inspiration simply looking at objects around the house.  Lord knows, I have enough stuff in my house to keep me supplied with drawing and art opportunities for eternity!

Day 30 - Apply it to Your Life
Simply taking the class has taught me to do this.  Hats off to Alisa Burke for being such a fun, inspiring teacher.  To paraphrase a popular bumper sticker: If you're viewing this, 
thank the teacher.



1 comment:

jennifer black said...

So cool! I love your work.