Sunday, October 28, 2012

Recent Creative Projects

"Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
~~~ Albert Einstein

Adding color and texture to the backyard.

I tend to live in my left brain, with reading, logic, and information gathering daily pursuits.  I'm probably one of the few people who can actually watch the Great Courses "talking heads" DVDs with relish.

In an effort to keep the right side of my brain functioning I occasionally force myself to put down the book, turn off Book TV and Dr. Oz  and pick up a pencil, camera, or felt tip pen.

 Bored with the notebook that I'll be taking to an upcoming Akashic Records workshop in Austin, I got out the felt tip pens and dove in.  In the past, I would have been too concerned about the quality of my doodles (I know, quality doodles is an oxymoron) even to start.

However, after several online art classes with Alisa Burke and lots of practice, including both good and not so good results, I've learned not to care.  After all, people are way too busy with their own lives to notice my insecurities.  That would take them away from obsessing about their own!

So, today's blog is devoted to right-brain living.

I would mention the redesign of the blog as one of my recent creative pursuits except Google Blogger all of a sudden stopped making my requested changes.  AARRGGHHH!!!!  I'm afraid to keep working on it for fear I'll lose everything.  Instead, I live in hope that Blogger will spontaneously heal and become responsive again.  Until then, the blog will keep it's present look.


 Shutterfly photo album from a recent Colorado trip.
 Card collage for my sister's birthday.
 Watercolor sketch based on a Chihuly's exhibit at the Dallas Arboretum.
Sketching outdoors (in public!) at a recent retreat.
 Redesigned Guest Bath space. (That dark shower curtain had to go.)

Okay, all you left-brainers out there, here's a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to jump start your right brain.  Alisa Burke is offering a Create Daily: Holiday Edition
online class for $20.

And pass along your own creative efforts.  After all, "creativity is contagious."

2 comments:

The Kiwi Experience said...

Hey Brenda, good to see you living right!

Karen Crisp said...

Love this swirl of creativity! Particularly love your "doodles" on the Akashic Records journal. Fabulous work! You continue to inspire me! You go, girl!