Monday, May 6, 2013

Color . . . Change . . . Beauty?


 
Yesterday, I changed the flower arrangement on the meditation room altar.  Since then, I've been amazed by how much joy this small change in my environment has given me.

The altar went from this . . .
to this . . .

I never realized how washed out the previous flowers were until I bought new ones in brighter tones.  Of course, updating from my great aunt's cut glass vase to a more contemporary vase, sent to me last year by a dear friend, has helped enormously.

Now, I'm scouting out more areas around the house to update and freshen.  Watch out, world.  No surface is safe when I get in one of these moods.

1 comment:

Karen Crisp said...

Love the new look! Interesting how small changes can make such a difference. Of course, it helps that you have such a fabulous artistic eye! Nice job! :)