Saturday, March 1, 2014

So Much for Home Remedies


Or, for any remedies.  Colds just have to run their course.  Supposedly, a typical cold lasts from 7 to 10 days.  Well, this one didn't get the memo because I swear I must be on the third week of feeling awful.  Lethargy and irritability are at the max, so friends and relatives beware:  I can reach cranky in an instant and words come out my mouth that completely bypass the politeness center in the brain.

Add to this the Cosmic Joke of having umpteen social functions for which I and my house are the host, plus a jury summons, all come in the same two week period.  Not funny at all.

Well, so it goes, in the land of the living.  When I watch the news, especially Al Jazeera or BBCAmerica, I am reminded that I'm infinitely more blessed than 98% of the world.  So, if a cold and continuous sinus drainage is all I have to worry about, I'm thankful.

Note to my Enneagram friends:  According this philosophy, fives (one of the Withdrawing Stance numbers) have a "repressed 'doing' center."  So, in an effort to do, instead of merely to think I've taken time from the Kleenex box and neti pot to write this blog.  Take that you Enneagram experts!  (I warned you that I was cranky.)

1 comment:

Karen Crisp said...

Am PROUD of you for doing such a SUCCESSFUL job of blogging and hosting whilst feeling so crabby. Kudos from your Enneagram 3 buddy! :)