Monday, October 3, 2011

Screen Doors

Front Porch

Living in hot, humid Central Texas it's not often that
one can open the doors.  it's just too hot and humid
to let the outside in.  The joke is that Texas
 has two seasons: hot and cold.

However, when we do have those few perfect Fall
or Spring mornings with cool breezes and little
humidity it's one of life's little pleasures to open
the doors and let the outdoors in.

I'm thankful that Jane, the architect who designed
my lovely house, paid so much attention to 
airflow and the placement of windows and doors.
The cross ventilation in the house is wonderful.

There were so many decisions to be made while
the house was being designed and built that my mind
quickly hit overload and I often didn't take as much 
time as one should in making so many unalterable
decisions.  That's where Jane came in.  She kept
the focus and created a wonderfully useful as well
as beautiful house.

Thanks, Jane, I'm loving my house.

Back Patio

No comments: