Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Self-Help in a Nutshell

Once again, I've had the privilege of being in the presence of a master teacher.  This time it's in the realm of self help and the lesson is "of course!"  

Of course I've disappointed myself and others.  It was the best idea I had at the time.
And, of course, others have hurt me, wounded me, disappointed me, betrayed me.  It was the best idea he or she had at the time.

But, the question is, "can I love myself even though I'm jealous, resentful, self-pitying, spiteful, cruel, and just basically a b**ch on wheels?"

Of course!  That's the way I and other people are.  It's the best way of being that we can come up with at the time.

Can I truly, deeply understand this at the very core of my being?  And, more importantly, can I let others be who they are, wherever they are?

After spending a weekend in the Akashic Records with expert guide, Linda Howe, I can answer 'yes' to those questions. 

 It's not necessarily going to make life easier but it does make life more understandable.




1 comment:

Karen Crisp said...

Great questions! Much to consider & ponder. Particulrly love the thought: "It's the best way of being we can come up with at the time." May we give ourselves and others the grace of allowing such "being." Thanks for the post!